SAF Tehnika is venturing into smart metering terrain with the new product line Aranet. Aranet is an environmental internet of things ( IoT) temperature, humidity and CO2 monitoring solution for a variety of businesses. The product line consists of two solutions – Aranet MINI for smaller site size applications, and the Aranet PRO for industrial-grade deployment.
Aranet is our attempt to conquer new markets. IoT is gaining traction globally, there’s an increasing demand for such products in private as well as corporate segments. Aranet is not only competitive pricewise, but as well is innovative and unique in a set of parameters.Zane Jozepa, Board member and CFO of SAF Tehnika
Aranet consists of a base station and wireless sensors that are environmentally durable. Wireless sensors can be placed outdoors and exposed to high levels of humidity. The sensors measure temperature, humidity and CO2, and send data that can be analyzed with a help of a computer software.
The sensors have exceptionally low energy consumption that allows them to function up to 10 years without battery replacement. The user can add up to 100 sensors within at least 3 km/1.9 mi line-of-sight distance from the base station.
Aranet PRO comes with free software. Easy to use interface allows viewing, analyzing and comparing data in real time from a computer, tablet or even a smartphone.
Aranet capabilities offer new solutions for different businesses including food manufacturing plants, grocery stores, warehouse management companies, museums and exhibition halls, hotels and restaurants, agricultural facilities, data centres and many others.
Main user benefits:
- Long receiving range of line-of-sight of minimum 3km/1.9mi between base station and the sensors
- Simple installation- savings on costly and time-consuming installation
- Remote data collection – eliminates human error with manual data collection
- Easy to use systems – no long and exhausting equipment and software training
- Process optimization- new streams of data to improve decision-making
- Reduced maintenance cost – with the exceptionally long battery life of Aranet sensors there is no need for frequent maintenance
- Portability – devices can be moved when necessary without extra costs of installation or extensive planning